More off the shelf……
- McGee & Stuckey’s Bountiful Container: Create Container Gardens of Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, and Edible Flowers – This and Square Foot Gardening are my two favorites on growing stuff in small spaces. I like growing stuff in 5-gallon buckets. Lets me move stuff in/out of shade and makes watering more efficient
- Edible Container Garden – Another really good one on container gardening
- Square Foot Gardening: A New Way to Garden in Less Space with Less Work
- Herbs: Their Culture and Uses
- The Herb and Spice Companion – Lavishly illustrated. Good read.
- Gardening in Your Greenhouse (Greenhouse Basics)
- The Montana Gardener’s Companion: An Insider’s Guide to Gardening under the Big Sky (Gardening Series)
- The Gardener’s Home Companion – Excellent book.
- Putting Food By (Plume)
- Saving the Seasons: How to Can, Freeze, or Dry Almost Anything
- Edible Container Garden
I’m a big fan of container gardening. Growing stuff in containers has a lot of advantages. For one, I very much like being able to move stuff in or out of the shade as necessary. It also makes watering much more efficient since the water has virtually nowhere else to go but to the root system of the plant (which also makes fertilizing easier). I grew some awesome pepper plants in five gallon buckets a couple years ago and it convinced me that this was the way to go.